Thursday 12 June 2008

My heart skips a beat

When my ears are greeted by them, my cochlea sends signals to my brain which then sends impulses to my heart to beat faster. My hands freeze, my mind races through a number of things. In my nervousness, I worry about the next few months during which I have to endure this state of being.

There are a few masculine names that, due to recent frequent contact, I have come to have my heart skip a beat for.
.
.
Francis Katamba
.
.
William O'Grady and John Archibald
.
.
.
.
.
Paul




This is all because of
.
.
Morphology.



Laugh as much as you want. I'm beginning to feel lost and terrified of this subject. Never liked it during Introduction to Linguistics, not capable ingesting any of it now.

H-E-L-P!

7 comments:

Bernard said...

Haha! I can so relate to you. It's so tough having to understand what's on the slide, what more to listen to him giving his lecture! Worse, he's like a spokesperson for the three books you've just mentioned!

I don't want to die at the end of the sem.

Liz / Ying Xiang said...

Well, putting this into perspective (a different one now), I think his notes are relatively easy to understand. Though he is tougher on us than our other lecturers...I can see the good we're headed to.

Having said all that, I am finding it hard to keep my attn on his slides in class...but it must be the lack of colour and my lack of attn span.

I hope changing the lct hours to an earlier time will do us all some good.

I don't wanna "die" in this subject too. So let's get working ;)

Lin said...

wah...sounds scary to me..
but alot of my friends here love linguistics...wonder y...

Liz / Ying Xiang said...

Well Lin, it's not really the side linguistics that I like. I'm more of a sociolinguistic person than something this technical. It's not that bad now since I sort of got a little hang of it.

*hopeful*

Lin said...

oh..haha..i dunno anything about linguistics >.<
tht's good! be positive!
"show me some positivity...." (Positivity by Ashley Tisdale)
LOL =D

Liz / Ying Xiang said...

Eh, who's this shull fella? Anyone?

musicanata said...

morphology rocks eh!! didn't know u get to do linguistics in m'sia haha. i'm a linguistics major in ntu, sg now! =)

samantha