Wednesday 14 March 2007

Ah, the screwed up LOL

It's one of those nights when the dark velvet of the night sky seems to reflect my mood. Nothing compliments it better than a blanket of blackness sprinkled with silent glitters. Like a wave of melancholy with a tinge of sweetness. However, that is contrary to what I actually see out of my hostel window, PJ night sky is a stargazer's total nightmare. To see stars here is a rarity. Perhaps even an [almost] impossibility.

There is a part of me that I'm missing. The part that doesn't quite fit into my current circumstances. Life is what you make of it, and I had to put that part of me aside to be more comfortable in my present days.

I miss the sarcastic me, the old humour I developed and honed in high school and seeing the profiles of those [on Friendster] from a time back then had me thinking if it was worth all keeping such a 'me' part away from the scene. Like plucking out the essence of my humour department for storage. Cheese-C and 'la-meh' jokes rule harder these days but I'm surviving well on the occasional pure-breed hilarity.

Then I wondered if it will ever come into use again. If life were so kind as to plant me in the company of like-minded 'Ms and Mr Sarcasticas'...maybe...just maybe, the future ain't that bleak. Hah. I'd love to be around the owners of those profiles on Friendster that I was breezing through but [oh!] high school is way past me.

So I'm in this all-too-familiar pensive mood pondering about how things go [no, sidle] by and feeling mixed-up. Worldly attachments bring me the "What-if's" while acknowledgment of reality tells me that memories are but memories. Life does go on. Just that sometimes we become too busy to notice it and until we do, changes are stark and glaring.

Lesson from my thinking too much: in life exists an inevitable need to adapt [Like me adapting to a different frequency of humour]. C. Darwin concluded: the fittest will survive. And I quite agree. Those who don't should take a hard look at humanity.

No comments: