Saturday 10 March 2007

Some two years back


Nostalgia...

I was trying to read my notes for Monday's test and suddenly I thought of my Form 5 physics teacher, Mr Ung Shih Him. Gee, high school is two years ago. Can you believe it??? Back then when we were trying to screw up time to get past the whole five years and now it feels like ancient history.

Then I remembered Lin, my class partner in everything, who shared so much of high school with me [including describing Mr Ung as a China Doll look-alike, it wasn't meant to insult, he did look somehow adorable with his jet black hair]. It seemed like the two years we spent in the same class would be forever...but before you know it, Lin's finished SAM and is now pursuing Psychology in Australia. I guess that that 'forever' is not enough. I miss her and all my other bosom pals deeply.

My mind flickered back to the present and I pictured my current classmates, comparing them to Lin, KayT and JM. They were two sets of friends. Neither sharing anything the other went through with me. Somehow, at this very moment, I feel myself cherishing the past more than the present. Not because the present sucks...the present is wonderfully decorated with people I have grown to love...but because I realise that all that I'm missing now, I may never come to experience again. Such is my habit of holding on to the things I love so deeply.

Life moves on and changes take place in every aspect of each and everyone's lives. We could never get back those days when we were gossiping about Jason the monkey or laughing out loud or even ponteng-ing classes or the long recesses or Sukhihotu or heart-to hearts or ...the list goes on. All in those formerly boring torquise pinafore, in the compounds of a place we knew so well, in our growth-restricted hairdos.

The nostalgia envelopes me with a tinge of pain mixed with delight. I'm hurt because the twists and turns in life have had me feeling like I'm losing them. I'm glad because it happened. We helped each other grow up and blossom into who we are now.

To Ee Lin, KayT, JM:

Thank you. I'm blessed to have known you all. Wherever our dreams take us from now on, do keep our bond intact. There is no other replica of our friendship, it is unique in itself. I graduated with more than just a certificate and knowledge from books, I graded with friendship. Solid friendship. Some people find it at other stages in life, some are still searching but I found it in you three. Love you guys always! Even if we're all masing-masing too busy with our lives to contact one another that often.

1 comment:

Lin said...

Ying Xiang!!!!1

u finally have a blog!! OMG, ur post...makes me wanna cry...i was doing my assignment and i got so bored i decided to check out ur blog and *sniff* i was missing u too...and now too...oh well, aren't we juz lucky we met each other? although we did have a few unhappy moments in form 4 or 5...oh well, who cares?! they made our bond as stronger as ever!! keep in touch k?? love ya heaps!!! <3

SugaLin