Friday 9 March 2007

Publicising me?


Ok, first of all, I didn't think it was wise to ever post your thoughts in black and white anywhere potentially public. No matter how funny or interesting or correct. I mean, surely we were born with the ability to think silently for a reason right? That'd be to think in privacy.

However, with time came diaries and journals that let you pour out your sweetest and hardest moments in life or plain crap just to keep a record of your being on earth in case you never make it to superstardom that grants permission for publishing an autobiography. Ok, maybe you needed to write things out so that you don't explode from bottled-up stress or perhaps there's a queer need to update yourself about yourself.

Whatever the reason... we end up with this modern way of recording our lives: Blogs.

So why all the crap? Like I said, some of us just need to jot down our crap. I'm holding membership of that existing but unofficial Crappers Club.

Back to my real reason for blogging. I know I'm a little too shameful to be new to this [the world has been blogging for ages] but hey, everyone's gotta start somewhere... and the difference between me and those long-timers is that I had stubbornly wanted keep my thoughts and bits of life to my brain. Again, I didn't think it wise to publicise your privacy. Still don't but I could share my humour and crap. Call me quaint but that's how I function.

Maybe time'll change me eventually. [yeh?] Just gotta learn the ropes of being public.

Methinks... Blogs are for:
  • Keeping my old pals updated about me...distance is nothing with blogs, but computer illiteracy is something.
  • Crapping when I've a sudden urge to. [I've probably got a Babble Muse watching over me]
  • Entertaining whoever so fortunate to come across Elyxology. [hopefully]
  • Exercising that writer in me.
  • Being random.
  • Learning more about this virtual world.
  • Putting my knowledge to good use.
I would try to be disciplined in terms of blogging...

No comments: