Tuesday 9 October 2007

passé updates

I'm breaking the all-important rule in Mass Communications (or rather, journalism) that news that are two days old are no longer news.

I'm gonna blog about what happened last weekend!

hehehe...

Friday, Oct 5

Departing from Menara Star, I decide to hit Mid Valley to do some grocery shopping then accompany Yeu Nuoh back from her work at The Gardens.

Ended up coming home at about midnight because the ice cream parlour couldn't close at it's normal 10pm...people just kept coming for ice cream! Fortunately enough Ynuoh's boss offered us a ride back. [No, it's not advisable to take a stranger's transport but it was a better option than taking a cab and buses have already stopped operating at that hour.]

Saturday, Oct 6

Rental's due so I had to pay up. By the time I was done I saw the U88 RapidKL bus so I decided to hop on and see how it's like to go to The Curve via bus.

Horrors. I missed my stop and end up going ALL the way to some residential areas around Section 8, Damansara Seroja. Wherever that was? And to make things worse...it was raining heavily, cold and I was worrying for my high-tide bladder. Instinctively I didn't want to get down some unfamiliar area to solve my bladder (blardy :/) problem. I have faith in my bladder...I stubbornly want to hold the urea-flavoured water in till I make it to The Curve.

When the bus reached the end of it's ride EVERYONE got down. Shoot. I'm so lost.
So I got a little drenched to hop on the first bus in line at this unseeming bus hub. The bus driver told me I had to wait another 10 minutes before he could start his driving routine. SHOOT. I really need to pee, man...it was one of the longest 10 minutes. And I was alone. It was kind of liberating because I was exploring on my own but the knowledge that danger is everywhere still lingered at the back of my head. I am a little amazed at how alive I felt even though I knew I had to be on guard to launch into some escape act should any (choi! choi!) victimising character appears. Luckily the driver got the hint from my looks and left the bus door opened. And he was kind enough to agree to tell me when to get off this time round.

So, with all the physical, mental and emotional disturbances, I finally managed to land myself in Ikano Power Centre...and more gloriously - the ladies.

Hahaha...then shopping begins...

I broke the rules of safety here and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Sunday, Oct 7

I forgot to buy socks and I was in dire need of it, seeing that I always wear shoes. Off to Mid Valley to buy me socks at 8.30am! Yeah, I was there to wait for shops to open cos I wanted to accompany Ynuoh to work, travelling with someone is always better. I got to check The Gardens out too. Darn, some of the shops were soooo pretty! It was 'Bittersweet' I think, with fancy iron grill as its front. Posh posh place.

By chance, I found the zip on my bag detached and so I figured I should to hunt for a bag too. Nothing interested me. Too bad. I got a new swimsuit anyways (hey, RM50 only!) since I've been waiting for a mega sale to purchase one. My old one's a goner.

***
Bottomline, the weekend was a lot of lone ranger mall trotting for me. Seriously, it was enjoyable but heck, I could hear my parents or even my friends nagging about safety first. I know, that's why I'm not recommending it (but don't live in fear either, people!).

1 comment:

Jess said...

helloooooooooo *waves*

got your blog from FB..

how efficient~!