Sunday 21 October 2007

Kiddo

I feel like a kid now.

Shel has just left and I'm back to how life has been for the past three weeks- silent at home.

Remember how we felt when we were kids? Upon the departure of cherished visitors, there will come this mushiness that makes you allow yourself some time to be depressed. As if we're mourning the sudden and crude absence of that beloved company.

I'm allowing myself to be a kid and feel all that sentiments I used to feel when my relatives and cousins leave at the end of the holidays.

Sob.

Never realised how much I could miss Shel till now but I'll get over this melodrama and hope she'll be coming in November again. Well, it's something familiar to look forward to in my current life of experiencing everything new. There's a sliver of comfort in knowing that in this ocean I'm in, I'll meet my good old trusty buoy.

Penang is 40 days away but I refuse to think about it. It makes as if I'm not keen with what I have in my hands now. In keeping strong, I'm doing my mighty best to avoid missing home and all that smells like childhood. Counting down the days will not encourage me to embrace the present.

Right then, I think I've just managed to blog myself to emotional stability.

I'll have to work now.

No comments: