Friday 20 April 2007

Lemon and ambition

Friday marks the last weekday of the study week, the time for procrastinators like me to freak out. Yes, but in my futile attempt to do so [Somehow I'm drifting in a world of disbelief, my refusal to believe that the exams is next week is indeed alarming.], I've found a me in someone else. In fact, that is a me that's better than me.

Lai Mun, the Lemon of our class...the more I know her the more I grow to admire her. She is the epitome of what I want to and make myself be. She envisions the kind of future I envision myself in, together with the attitude to get ourselves there. However, I believe she's one step ahead of me.

I am not speaking in resentment, nor am I interested in rivalry. We have our different scopes of mental and material lands to conquer, but when stripped down to the core, our ambitions differ little. If not at all.

What Lemon has is knowledge. She's more an encyclopaedia than most here. That, I dream of. What Lemon has is a sense of self. She is what she wants herself to be. That, I truly respect. What Lemon has are tenacity and fortitude. Both needs a little getting used to, but at the end that's what I love most about her.

Youth is short but we both feel there is sooo much that one can achieve in this short period in life. So much that we can achieve beyond the road always taken. So why waste the possibility of a handsome but fickle success on planning for retirement? Label me impetuous, but if not impetuous now, then impetuous when?

I don't want to let the most important people in my life down, but I have dreams I want to chase. And as much as I doubt the future, I have faith that I will not regret my taking the chance. I don't want to be hitting 30 and wondering about all the what if's of my youth. Life is given to me, I shall live it to the fullest.

At times like this, I am given a firm pat on the back, ushering me back to reality. I am not good enough. I have so much more to work on. I am only a speck of someone if I do not go beyond my current status. Life is a constant learning process and I have yet to learn more from it.

So my faith in the unpredictable is renewed and my ambition glows more alluringly in my mind. I have people to prove my worth to, especially myself. And I'm gonna prove to them I'm worth it.

From left: moi, Lemon at SP Corner this morning

___________________________________________________________________
PS: Today's sunset was magnificent! Just pure breath-taking atmospheric beauty! Check out the pics.




1 comment:

Daphne Ling said...

Hey!
I believe you're Elyxa right? You're the one from the Ipoh workshop who has joined the initals of your name together right? Hehe...Did I get the right person?

Anyway, I just read your comments on my blog (I have a horrible habit of failing to read), and I am popping here to say a big "Thanks!" for the very kind and generous words...

I think there is nothing wrong in being an individualistic thinker (want to believe I am one) though =) Maybe if there were individualistic thinkers who put their words into action, you and I and the rest of the world might just be a more happy lot...

Take care, girl and keep in touch!

Daph